Date Posted:14 February 2020
INTRODUCING THE ALL NEW
140MM REAR / 150MM FRONT / 27.5 WHEELS
Click to watch the Scout in Action
Hop on the Scout and you're immediately transformed into a projectile.
Our modern day take on the Bottlerocket, the Scout will awaken your inner child. Manual here, scrub that, skid there, pedal up this. Freedom to boost everything in sight, overshoot every landing without a care, mixed with nose bonking, corner slapping and hooting your way down the trail. Sporty, but just as eager to tackle bigger terrain. The Scout's trail charisma is infectious and will cause you to look at your regular trails through a new perspective. Pedal up and repeat.
TECHNICAL UPDATES AND STUFF
Click to watch the Tech vid with Sam - TR Product Manager
The Scout features a full carbon frame made from premium Japanese Toray fiber with a tailored blend of 24T and 30T materials to create the right balance of frame stiffness, strength, and impact toughness. Our unique latex coated EPS molding process allows for sharper frame lines and tighter edge radius control with maximum strength to weight ratio and less wasted material.
The 25% overall progression with a linear rate of change works well with air or coil shocks. The stock 57.5mm shock stroke provides 140mm of rear wheel travel, with the ability to use a 62.5mm stroke shock to get 150mm travel and large usable sag range let you custom tailor your ride.
Dropper posts keep getting longer so we combine short seat tube lengths with mega seatpost insertion to help get your saddle completely out of the way. All complete bikes come with longer travel dropper posts; XS 120mm, SM 150mm, MD 180mm, LG/XL 210mm.
Science and technology, a pinnacle of design
Olive Green and Midnight Blue Carbon Scout Framesets
BULLET POINTS FOR THE SAKE OF BULLET POINTS
▪ Full Carbon Frame (Front Triangle, Rear Triangle And Rocker)
▪ 44mm/56mm Press In Headset
▪ 148mm Boost Dropout Spacing
▪ Stock Rear Travel 140mm With 57.5mm Stroke Shock
▪ Up To 150mm Rear Travel With 62.5mm Stroke Shock
▪ Enduro Max Sealed Bearings With Bearing Shields On Main Pivot
▪ Threaded Bottom Bracket
▪ Molded Rubber Chainstay, Seatstay & Downtube Protection
▪ External Rear Brake Cable Routing
▪ Fully Guided Rear Derailleur Cable Routing In DT And CS
▪ Water Bottle Storage Inside Front Triangle
▪ Accessory Mount On Underside Of Top Tube
▪ 27.5" Tire Clearance Up To 2.6"
▪ 3.20 kg / 7.05 lbs Frame w / Shock, Complete X01 13.79 kg / 30.4 lbs
Lars, Kyle, Hannah and Kevin enjoying some quintessential PNW weather
Lil John getting her sideways filming the Scout product video
Rider owned forever and always
John doing some landscaping in Transition's backyard
The Scout in it's element
The Scout loves Squamish slabs