The Arktos 29 is the ultimate do-it-all trail weapon. Responsive yet stable, playful but controlled, the Arktos 29 strikes that perfect balance to allow you to find your limit at maximum speed. The heart of the Arktos is the Sine Suspension System, Alchemy’s patented design that’s plush at the start of the travel, progressive in the middle, and smooth at bottom out. Sine makes the Arktos one of the best pedaling trail bikes in the world with unrivaled capability on descents.
• Wheel size: 29”
• Max tire clearance: 2.5"
• Super Boost+ 157mm rear spacing
• Travel: 140mm / 5.5" rear, 160mm / 6.2” front
• Shock: Fox Float DPX2
• Fork: 150-160mm compatibility, 180mm max
• Bottom bracket: 73 mm threaded, ISCG05 under BB mount
• Seat post: 31.6 mm with internal dropper routing
• Headset: IS42 upper – IS52 lower for tapered steerer
• Drivetrain: 1x only
• Shock Size: 215x63mm/8.5x2.5"
• Hardware: 8mmx22mm
• Chainring Clearance: 38t (need 3mm offset ring for SRAM Eagle)
• Bearings: Enduro BB 3930 LLU and BB MR 21531 LLU MAX
• Brake Mount: Post mount 74mm for 160mm rotor standard
The Arktos is a one-of-a-kind, do-it-all 6-inch travel full-suspension bike designed to climb and descend with the same aplomb. The Arktos features a patented dual-linkage platform called the Sine Suspension, which was designed by suspension designer David Earle.
The Sine name is derived from the way the shock rate, when graphed, resembles a sine wave. With Sine, there is regression through the first part of the travel to absorb small bumps and provide climbing traction, progression in the middle of the stroke to avoid wallowing on big hits or in hard, fast corners, and then slight regression again at end stroke to enable full use of rear wheel travel. Sine is also designed to minimize chainstay growth to improve pedaling efficiency and keep the suspension active under braking
Help other Supersports users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.